Throughout the Covid-19 Pandemic, the safety and wellbeing of our families, staff, and volunteers have always been our highest priority.
To enable us to bring families back into our House programs at this time, the following specific conditions have been put in place to ensure the increased protection of all families, staff and volunteers. We always require all families to agree to and follow by these conditions:
New Guest Protocols
If you can answer No to the following questions we can accept you at Ronald McDonald House South Dakota.
- Do you currently have an elevated temperature of 99.5°F or higher, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, or other flu-like symptoms, such as nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea?
- Have you been diagnosed with COVID-19 by a medical provider?
- In the past 14 days, have you had close contact with a person who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 by a medical provider? Close contact is defined as being within 6 feet for 10 minutes or more or living in the same household.
- Have you been told by a healthcare provider or public health official that you should self-quarantine due to potential COVID-19 exposure(s) or that you are suspected of having COVID-19?
We will also ask that you agree to the following
- Undergo a temperature and oxygen check daily you enter the House
- Maintain social distancing while in the RMH common areas
- Not return home at any time during your stay
- Not bring additional family members into the House or swap caregivers during your stay
- Not bring any visitors into the House
- Regular handwashing with soap and water or use the hand sanitizer provided, including your children’s hands
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow, or use tissues and cover your mouth and ensure your children do the same
- Use any Personal Protective Equipment if directed by RMH (e.g. masks)
- Advise us immediately if you become unwell or flu-like symptoms
- Isolate yourself and your family from other Houseguests and staff, due to illness, if directed by RMH staff or health officials.
RMH Capacity – 90% Capacity for families
- Lake Ave: 21 Rooms Open
- 24th Street: 8 Rooms Open
- All Families – Short- and Long-Term Families
- Continue new guest check-in procedures introduced to prevent exposure.
- Continue health screening questions, review of new social distancing and enhanced hygiene measures
- Continue paperwork indicating the family is responsible for self-reporting any symptoms of illness
- Families must meet criteria of the Family Cohort categories established by Global RMHC
- 48 Hour leaves/return home passes are reinstated
- No Day passes reinstated
- Small number of volunteers 5 or less
- No tours
- Health screening questions, temperature check, review of new social distancing and enhanced hygiene measures
- Essential visitors and only outside maintenance
Health and Safety
- Establishment of a New Guest Check procedures process and room
- Daily health screening for all onsite staff and families
- Temperatures and screening questions for the staff at shift check-in, families log daily temperatures within daily log in site.
- Social Distancing required
- Masks required, staff and families, (if recommended by hospital or local health authorities)
- Disinfecting procedures implemented
- Adherence to RMHC Infectious Disease and Prevention Guidelines